Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Puppy Chronicles

We say that maddie's first word was "mama", but let's get real. That wasn't her first intentional word. that was random babbling that happened upon a word that I interpreted as her calling out for me.

her first real, intentional word was "PUHPEEE???" otherwise known as puppy.

Ever since that day, it has been puppy everything.

here are some examples:

  • when maddie first wakes up for the day and I walk in her room, she asks where our dog is - "puppeee???" 

  • any time maddie sees any life form, she declares it a puppy. we went to the petting zoo and had some pretty angry petting zoo workers after maddie called the cows, goats, and pigs all puppies. 

  • any time I have to brag her to go anywhere, I promise her that there will be puppies in the car. I know, I'm a terrible mother. She'll get over it eventually. 

  • Maddie likes to pretend to talk on my phone. This is how her conversations go: 
"puppy? no no no. more. more puppy. apple? no no no. puppies. Puuhhpeee?!"


  • When I tell maddie to go find dada, she goes and finds buddy (our dog.)  

  • If maddie wakes up in the middle of the night, she howls like a dog. "aaaahooooooo" 

  • maddie rings the doorbell every chance she gets to make buddy bark so she can say "woof woof" with him. 

 


Thank goodness she's a dog person. I don't know what we would have done if she was a cat lover.  


you better believe we will be buying her this for Christmas


1 comment:

Make my day and leave a little note. :)